mardi 4 août 2009

Burberry

In my opinion Burberry reflects perfectly British style, all fragrances are urban, severe, quite simple but elegant, ceremonius.

Weekend (floral)

This was the first perfume by Burberry that I've tried (June 2009). I would say this is more fruity than floral fragrance.





This relaxing, powdery fragrance is dedicated to weekend. A relaxing country style perfume, named Weekend for Women. Top notes include sweet and zesty mandarine and aromatic grassy notes. Heart notes contain blue hyacinth, iris, nectarine, peach flower, red cyclamen and wild rose. The drydown is a perfect blend of sandalwood, cedar and musk. It was created by Nathalie Lorson in 1997.

I didn't like it much. I could smell only peach and woody drydown that made the combination not very pleasant for me. The fragrance is very long lasting. But on my skin it was rather robustious and rough. And a bit keen to me.

My definition: sharp peaches

Burberrys (floral fruity)

I paid attention to this fragrance after reading comments that Deep night Ghost that I desperately was looking for was similar to Burberrys. Now when I tried both I can't find many similarities: Deep night is much sweeter and Burberrys is more acidic.







Burberry Woman or Burberry London for Women is a feminine version of the fragrant duo, called Burberry. Burberry woman is simple and charming, she loves the City she lives in and enjoys the long walks in the streets of London. Perfume is made in striking minimalist design. It starts with succulent and fresh burst of fruits; peach, apricot, cool pear and black currant. The heart is woody-floral; composed of clear and sharp notes of jasmine gently harmonized with the notes of sandalwood and cedar. The drydown is made of musk and vanilla. The perfume was created by Michel Almairac in 1995.

It's not bad but I haven't fallen in love with this fragrance. By fruity notes it's a bit similar to Weekend but woody base is more evident here. I try to probit myself reading comments before testing the fragrance. But I seldom manage :-)) This time I read a definition that turned around in my head while I was smelling Burberrys: " ice cream stick". I imagined a woman in costume wearing it although I guess it's not very capricious as for the clothes. Burberrys seemed a bit sharp to me too. Maybe because of citrusy notes the fragrance is acidic.

My definition: I can find something more suitable than ice cream stick.

London (floral)

I tested it in July 2009, it was a hot sunny day, not very suitable for this fragrance's mood. It's supposed to reveal London's style and carachter that's why it must be perfect in humid and rainy weather.











This fragrance is indispensible while visiting the city of London if one wants to feel the pulse of this old and contemporary city. This is a classic floral scent with jasmine in its heart. It opens up with rose and honeysuckle harmonized with a fruity tangerine note. White floral hear note includes jasmine, Tiare Flower and Soft Peony. It leaves a velvety trail of wood and musk. Burberry London was created in 2006 by Dominique Ropion, Jean-Marc Chaillan. It’s advertising campaign features actress Rachel Weisz and actor Ioann Gruffud.

Smelling this fragrance I really have impression that London has to smell like this. Maybe the bottle decorated with Bueberry's speciality - checkered cloth also influences it. I always associate Brittish people with checkered scarf.

The strange thing - many people can smell strawberry in London altough it doesn't appear among components. So do I!!! Even more - I can't smell amything esle except strawberry and the base. The scent is quite monotone but beautiful and elegant. It is really able to warm the person who wears it like a woolen srarf. I think it's perfect for cold automn and winter days and appropriate for all ages and styles people. Would be an excellent gift for somebody.

Today London is my favourite of women's fragrances by Burberry.

My definition: strawberry fog

Brit EDT (floral fruity)

Today (07.08.09) I tried Brit in EDT version. I guess it is quiet different from EDP.



Brit Eau de Toilette
The Brit girl embodies the playful British spirit of individuality. She's outrageous, but always charming and unpredictably sexy. Fresh and playful, the fragrance is a classic, green-oriental blend of lush fruits, sweet nutty essences, and soothing amber, vanilla, and Tonka bean.

Notes:
Italian Lime, Icy Pear, Green Almond, White Peony, Sugared Almonds, Amber, Mahogany, Vanilla, Tonka Bean.
Style:
Impulsive. Sexy. Unique.

As the name suggests Brit is supposed to be in accordance to British style and I think the creators managed to embody it in a perfume.
The beginning is not impressive much - it starts like a lemonade because of citrus and pear notes.
But in 30 minutes the scent becomes more complexe: unfortunately I'm unable to analyze this effect by notes, but there is impression to smell a woolen scarf (I had the same feeling when I had tried men's Brit some weeks ago) ot woolen plaid. And I had an image in my head of a person sitting in a rocking chair under this plaid, reading newspaper and drinking tea. It's raining outside...
My fantasy wasn't absurd at all because the drydown of Brit is... sugared tea.

I can't agree with the carachteristics given my Sephora to this fragrance. As for me it's not sexy it all. It's cosy, warm, woolen. In the base it's similar to V and V Absolu by Valentino.

My definition: woolen cosiness

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire