samedi 22 août 2009

Clons of For Her by Narciso Rodriguez

I often read there were fragrances very similar to For her, since I adore this last one, it was my obligation to test others :-)) I couldn't imagine they would be almost equal!

Sarah Jessica Parker - Lovely (floral woody musk)

If somebody gave to smell this perfume without telling what it is, I would definitely say this is For her EDP. When I gave it to smell to my husband who was waiting for me outside, he was very surprised why I sprayed Narciso Rodriguez' fragrance if I already have got it. This is the best testimony of their similarity.





Lovely is the first fragrance by Sarah Jessica Parker (in partnership with Coty Inc.). Obsessed with style and fashion, Sarah always wanted to create a signature scent that would be very sexy and yet undeniably classy. She did not want her fragrance to be overpowering, but instantly recognizable, like infamous aromatic concoction she made for herself from 3 separate fragrances before she co-created Lovely.

Lovely is a soft, powdery, discrete and very intimate fragrance, announced as 'silky white amber'. It possesses an elegance characteristic of classic fragrances. And yet the fragrance is quite modern and very charming.

It opens with soft citruses (nectarine and bergamot) and woody (rosewood) notes, with a touch of lavender, which is very discrete and not at all sharp. The fragrance develops further with notes of apple martini, white daffodil and orchid. The base unites white amber, cedar, woody notes and white musk.

According to Sarah's words, the perfume is appropriate for all generations: 'from 17 to 107'. The fragrance was created by Laurent Le Guernec and Clement Gavarry in 2005 with Sarah herself being the creative director, actively participating in the process from its start to finish.

Some people say Lovely is easier to wear than For her. Maybe they refer to EDT version, but I can't find difference between For her EDP and Lovely. Similar floral combination and base, maybe in For her it's a little bit muskier. So Lovely is lighter and more transparent because of it and not so playful than For her.

I'm not Sarah Jessia's fan, I will always prefer the original one - For her. One more disadvantage of Lovely is the staying powet which is very poor (about 2 hours) and For her lasts much more.

Of course, since For her is among my favourite scents, I like Lovely too, but will never buy it for me.

Lanvin - Rumeur (floral woody musk)

In this case we deal with the copy of For her EDT which is more agressive and provocative. I can see why they can be similar - both were created by the same nose Francis Kurkdjian. Maybe was it a commercial move to repeat the sucess of the scent created in 2003?





The perfume in which white flowers harmonize with musky base notes. The twinkly top notes of magnolia pour into a classic wave of aldehydes. The heart is sewed of white petals: white rose, jasmine, lily of the valley and fake orange, the scent of which reminds of orange blossom. The base smells on clear patchouli and musk. The perfume was created by Francis Kurkdjian in 2006.

Rumeur is sharper and more brutal comparing to For her EDT. It justifies its name of keen conversations behind you. Flowers smell harsher here because of jasmine and lily. As I saw in the description, it also contains fake orrange that makes it similar to the orange blossom's smell of For Her EDT. The musky base is almost the same, maybe I even have to delete the word almost. The lasting power seems very good, I sprayed it 3 hours ago and it's still v clearly smelled. The thing that I didn't like: in some moments I had impression to smell carton.

These two copies are incredible in their similatiry to For Her. If I haven't known the original one, I would pay my attention to them, they aren't bad at all although they don't have all sensual nuances of For her.

So Narciso Rodriguez' For her is perfectly perfect for me.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire