dimanche 23 août 2009

Prada

Infusion d'Iris (oriental woody)

I've tried it today (23.08.09) and it would have been better if I hadn't done it. I can't judge Infusion d'Iris because it belongs to the fragrance branch I don't understand and don't like - so called leather perfumes. If somebody likes this destination, I beleive this is a good choice.



Prada Infusion d'Iris was introduced in 2007 as oriental-woodsy fragrance. The name of this fragrance was inspired by the old method of producing iris extract which took six months of soaking until the sweetly fresh iris notes were extracted.

This modern and elegant fragrance opens with notes of mandarin, galbanum, orange and orange blossom which lead to the heart composed of iris, cedar and vetiver. The base is composed of incense and benzoin.

The fragrance was designed by Daniela Roche-Andrier of Givaudan. It is captured in an elegant glass bottle reminiscent of retro perfume bottles.

It is available as 50ml (1.7 fl.oz.), 100ml (3.4 fl.oz.) and 200ml (6.9 fl.oz.) EDP and as pure perfume in 3.5ml (0.12 fl.oz.) and 7.5ml (0.26 fl.oz.) sizes.

When I started writing this review, I was very surprised by 2 things - 1. the classification. As for me it's pure leather fragrance. 2. available bottle sizes!! I was even more surprised when I opened the page of men's Infusion and saw there were bottles in 750 ml size! like a bucket :-)

As for the scent, I couldn't appreciate it at all. In the beginning I smelled woodsy notes that were very unusual and made the perfume similar to chypre ones - cold, distant, with a bit of pepper, not sweet. But from the beginning some leather notes began showing up, and not simply leather but caoutchouc! This las one made this scent unbearable for me. I will never want to try it again.

My definition: harsh caoutcouc




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire