samedi 8 août 2009

Estee Lauder

Sensuous (oriental woody)

Altough this fragrance was released in 2008, it has just appeared in Ukrainian shops. I tried it the first time on 15.07.09 and added it to my wish-list. I'm not a big Estee Lauder fan, but thought this fragrance was 100 % mine: cosy, warm, even raw, tender and spicy at the same time, woody and floral. It was very close to skin, quiet like Narciso Rodriguez fragrances, but lately I don't like loud perfumes that surround you like a wall.

Today (o8.08.09) I tested it again.















The new fragrance by Estee LauderSensuous, arrives in July 2008. This fragrance is moving the boundaries from already well known Estee Lauder floral notes towards opulent oriental woodsy-amber concept, which will praise the beauty and sensuality of women of all age.

Sensuous is created in cooperation with the nose Annie Buzantian of Firmenich, which composed it of sensual lily notes, magnolia and jasmine petals in the top. The heart brings aromas of molten wood and amber, while the base introduces sandalwood, black pepper, juicy mandarin pulp and honey.

The bottle draws attention with its simple, yet very elegant lines. It is made of heavy glass with waves, with rose-gold top and name imprinted in purple letters.

This design was selected for several reasons, including the intention of the designers to make it in line with pervious Estee Lauder editions.

The photographs were shot by Craig McDean. The ad faces for Sensuous will be Gwyneth Paltrow, Elizabeth Hurley, Carolyn Murphy and Hilary Rhoda.

Today I was very unhappily surprised with Sensuous at the beginning: woody notes gave such a bad effect this time that the result was equal to the nauseaous For him by Narciso Rodriguez on my husband's skin. It smells like rotten tree (it's supposed to be molten wood) and it has lasted about 1-1,5 hours and then Sensuous came back to its "normal" state: wood + tender, gentle flowers where I can identifie only lily. The perfume is sweet and I have to admire the creator of having managed to produce more comlexe sweetness than vanilla, lollipop, chewing-gum that so many other perfumes have.

In this stade the scent is very harmonious, delicate, very intimate. During the first test I wanted to "make it louder". Maybe the people surrounding a person who wears Sensuous will be unable to smell it clearly (only if the person does 10 spritzes). But it seems that only me is complaining about this property - all other people who tried it didn't say anything about its calm.

As the ad suggests Sensuous should be appropriate for all ages and types. And I completely agree. I like the bottle, it reminds me hot sand and sea breeze.
I will make more tests and if this "rotten wood" doesn't show up, I will certainly want to have it in my collection.

My definition: raw delicacy

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire