samedi 8 août 2009

Stella - Stella McCartney

Stella (floral)

Usually I hate fragrances produced by famous people like Jennifer Lopez or Britney Spears. Sure, Stella McCartney isn't among them because her father is a celebrity, not her. But one thing surprised me a lot - almost all reviews of people whose tastes I respect have a very positive opinion about Stella.
I managed to find it today, 08.08.09 and I completely share the opinion this is a great smell.









Stella McCartney: “I showed an old-time picture of rose to a designer. Just imagine a luxurious flower, heavy and beautiful; its petals fall of just by your gentile touch. I would love to keep this frailness beauty, this moment of perfection in the perfume.” The designer of the perfume is famous Jaques Cavallier. No matter the reputation of rose perfumes as old-fashioned, Stella with her classical retro chic, stands by the side from the bunch of new perfumes and attracts attention with her peculiarity. In the top notes there are rose oil, peony with the gentle touch of fresh tangerine. In the heart of the perfume there is rose, whose gentile scent is emphasized by deep note of amber in the base. The perfume was made in 2003. Stella is available even in the concentration of perfume extract in the amount of 7, 5 ml and in roll-on bottles. The nose behind this fragrance is Jacques Cavallier.

My curiosity towards Stella has grown up since I knew it had been created by the same perfumer Jacques Cavallier who did my favourite Classique by JPG.

I liked Stella from the first sniff. The rose is one of my beloved notes in fragrances but it's sad I can't enjoy it because it becomes soapy too quickly. And soap is what I dislike the most. Till now I met only one rose that almost didn't become soapy - Miss Charming (Juliette has a gun).
But Stella has the most beautiful rose I have ever met. It's fair to call it monofragrance because rose dominates from the beginning till end. But this rose is so wonderful that I can easily forgive Stella the absence of other notes. But amber note gives it a light sweetness. Some reviewers claimed the lasting power, on my skin it has lasted 8 hours and I can still smell it.

The fragrance is elegant, aristocratic, dramatic. Suitable for all seasons and time. I wouldn't mind to have Stella in my collection.

My definition: rose aristocracy

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire