dimanche 2 août 2009

Jean Paul Gaultier

Gaultier hasn't created many perfumes, but I adore almost all of them. They are in a perfect accordance to his style: unusual, provocative, brave.

Classique (oriental floral)


This is the most special fragrance for me ever. My grandmother who was the person I adore used to wear Classique. And I have remembered this scent since as I a child. The cute bottle alwas attracted my attention. This was a very emotional moment to try Classique now. Yes, it was exactly the same fragrance I loved so much... its trails are unforgettable... It's a strange sensation to come back to childhood again. Now this is the fragrance I want to have most of all and I will buy it as soon as I go to travel somewhere.

The fragrance exists in 2 versions - EDT and EDP (I don't take into consideration all limited editions). EDT is better in my opinion, it develops on skin offering a big amount of nuances.











'A fragrance that promises pleasure...' Bold and sweet, awakes your feelings. And not only yours – imagine that people can recognize you even with their eyes closed. At the beginning its name was JPGaultier Eau de Parfum and it was produced as eau de parfum. Now, it is called Classique and comes both as eau de perfume and eau de toilette. In the top notes delicate rose scent is spiced by fresh anis. Middle notes combine sweetness of orange blossom and exciting ginger, a powerful aphrodisiac. Vanilla and sensual amber gently embrace in the base. The perfume is created in 1993.

The nose behind this fragrance is Jacques Cavallier.

It's almost impossible for me to describe this fragrance. I'm short on words. If I had to choose 3 top-fragrances they would be Euphoria, For her and Classique (I don't know which perfume I would give the 1 or 3 place, they are equal for me, I adore them).

Smells so sexy, elegant, appealing, chic and classy. And Gaultier...he is a great artist. So full of imagination and so daring! The citrus of the orange blossom and anis of the top notes mesh wonderfully together with the amber, musk, and vanilla of the base notes. The scent is not too sweet and the sillage is very long and incredible.

It's fresh oriental and floral scent at the same time and always changes from one point to another.

The bottle alone is excitingly appealing, exuding sexiness.

I'll complete this review after having bought Classique.

EDP version





Differs from EDT not only by the bottle (here the corset the woman wears is different, colour differs too), the smell isn't the same neither.
It's deeper than EDT but doesn't offer all its nuances and game of notes.

Gaultier 2 (oriental vanilla)

Usually I hate the fragrances unisex and can't name any that I like. In my opinion, all unisex fragrances I tested (frankly speaking, I didn't want even to try them haha) were too plain, without carachter like a person who tries to be pleasant for everybody.
This is the only unisex fragrance I love!







Gaultier 2 by Jean Paul Gaultier is a oriental vanilla fragrance for women and men. Gaultier 2 was launched in 2005. The nose behind this fragrance is Francis Kurkdjian. The fragrance features amber, musk and vanilla.

I respect very much Francis Kurkdjian's talent, he created some fragrances I admire. Gaultier 2 didn't desappoint me. And I liked the idea of creating perfume for the couple in love sharing all even the fragrance. Although only 3 main components appear - amber, musk, vanilla, it contains much more and is more complexe than it may seem.

After the first spritz I smelled something heavy, spicy and it was hard to imagine a woman wearing it. But the scent changed very quickly becoming very sensual, close to skin, intimate, sexy. I enjoy musky fragrances because they differ on all people wearing them. Here the musk dominates too. The scent is a bit sweet but not too much. Absolutely appropriate for women and men both. I'm pretty sure that nobody will think a couple is wearing the same perfume because it will be perceived in a different way depending on the skin chemistry. We'll have the opportunity to check it because I bought this fragrance as a gift for my husband's birthday.

I completely agree with people who call Gaultier 2 liquid sex of sex in the bottle. It's not bestial like Boudoir but very appealing, sensua, very hot. The lasting power is remarkable.

My definition: sexappeal

Madame (floral)

This is the youngest Gaultier's fragrance
and in my opinion less good than previous ones. It's not bad at all and it will conquer the auditory it's aimed to - young girls. The reason I don't like it much isbecause I can't feel Gaultier's style here, it's equal to hundreds of perfumes that appear monthly. Like it was done in a hurry, only to acheive a profit using market needs. Only the bottle repeating woman's body but this time in usual flacon doesn't allow to forget this is still Gaultier.









After the new edition for men, Monsieur Eu Du Matin, which has been available in stores since April 1st 2008, a new fragrance for women, which will complete Gaultier's magic collection of fragrances, is announced for September 2008.

If we do not count Gaultier's seasonal plays with colorite and notes, which are variations of the legendary perfume Classique, the last perfume presented to female audience was Fragile in 1999. Gaultier made a 9 year break before his latest edition, MA DAME (My Lady), which aims at younger audience and differs from previous editions. It was created in cooperation with BPI (Shiseido) and imagined as a contemporary sequence which completes the story told by Classique.

The perfume MA DAME was imagined and created as a fresh, floral one, and all merits for it go to perfumer Francis Kurkdjian (Takasago), who also created the famous Le Male and Fragile, just to remind you.

MA DAME includes sporty notes of rose, grenadine, musk and cedar. The bottle was designed as a transparent block of glass, coloured in pink, with an engraved sculpture of the legendary Classique.

Ma Dame is a cheerful, girly fragrance. I can smell mainly grenadine and raspberry, I don't know why. Suitable for all kind of clothes. This is a young girl who likes to play and flirt. Not romantic, feminine, elegant just joyful and decisive.

At the beginning the smell was loud, but in 30 minutes it became so quiet that I could hardly distinguish it.

My definition: tearaway

Fragile EDT (floral)


Last month I tried EDP on the blotter, it seemed too heavy to me at the beginning but then I was impressed with its originality and lasting power. Since that time I had idea to test it on my skin. Unfortunately there was only EDT version in the shop and I decided to try it too (07.08.09).

Many people admire this bottle, as for me, I find it ugly. It reminds me souvenirs sold in different cities (Paris, New York) with main curiosites in such bottle and flacons of snow or sparkles inside.
But this bottle matches perfectly with the name of fragrance - Fragile.





Eau de toilette version of the famous perfume was created at a later stage. Despite its general resemblance to Fragile, it is still a fragrance for itself. The night queen, tuberose, together with mouthwatering citruses creates a fresh and luminescent beginning. The soft composition heart is made of floral notes and voluptuous tuberose is again in the centre of attention, moderate sweet, moderate wild, all but innocent. The musk notes are in the soft base trace. The perfume was created in 2001 The nose behind this fragrance is Francis Kurkdjian.

Almost everyone says EDT is a poor copy of EDP. It's bad I don't remember well EDP version to compare them now. I liked this one from the beginning till end.
Tuberose is incredible here just like in Classique but the whole combination is very different.
Fragile is fresh and floral berry or even berry floral. The berries are like cassis, strawberries although it must be only my imagination - these components aren't present in the fragrance.

The whole is so transparent, light, jingly... The woman in the bottle in black long dress (altough I don't like her much) expresses very well the mood of the perfume. And I must confess the bottle is suitable too. The freshness of this fragrance is cold, I have impression to smell the snowy glitter and to hear snow crunching under the steps.
I can't say anything about EDP but EDT is more appropriate for daily time in my opinion.

I especially enjoyed to smell Fragile when the wind was blowing. Absolutely fabulous sensation! 100 % Gaultier's style.

My definition: jingly fragility

Fragile EDP (floral)
The shop assistant (19.08.09) warned me that the tester was very old and it might disfigure the real smell. Maybe because of it I didn't manage to find many differences with EDT version, but EDP was much sharper in unpleasant way.





Voluptuous and mystic tuberose which makes you live 'dangerously' rules in the heart of eau de parfum Fragile. As usual, Gaultier plays with our associations. Fragile is the warning word usually printed on the outer package with delicate and breakable items, and the box of Fragile was made in that fashion. It is fun and intriguing. Intoxicating smell of tuberose in the top notes is followed by raspberry leaves and sweet orange blossoms; pink pepper and other spices compose the heart, while the warm woody notes and light musk create a dazzling lingering trace. It was launched in 1999.

The nose behind this fragrance is Francis Kurkdjian.

In Fragile EDP berries are in combination with flowers. I can clearly distinguish raspberry and tuberose. The name of this fragrance is more than justified, it's associated with fragility, weakness in a good sense. The bottle refrects this idea too although I find it ugly. I can say the same about the ad poster - it's connected with something strange, unusual, solemn, kitch and elegant at the same time.

I haven't fallen in love with Fragile EDP, but I want to try a normal tester. For now I prefer EDT version which is lighter and softer.

I bought 35 ml of EDP today - 26.08.09. It was a spontaneous purchase, I saw a sale announcement from a woman that had sold me Flowerbomb and Hypnotic Poison. The price was ridiculous so I decided to have it in my collection. I'll describe it later.

My definition:








Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire