dimanche 26 juillet 2009

Agent Provocateur

Agent Provocateur (floral woody musk)

This is supposed to be a provocative, sexy, appealing fragrance but when I tried it first time on blotter, I had desire to vomit. Any fragrance gave me such effect.





Agent Provocateur is the signature fragrance of the house. Its sharp very intensive animalistic and very provocative juice has become a modern classic combining Indian saffron, coriander from Russia, Egyptian Jasmine and Vetivert from Haiti among other exotic elements.

The fragrance is in a wonderfully tactile precious porcelain bottle with the shape of an egg (or a bomb?). It is so rosy and innocent, contrasting with its wild and shameless erotic scent.

The composition starts strong and sharp with a spicy note of saffron. Warm floral notes of magnolia, Indian jasmine and gardenia blend together with strong woodsy-chypre scent. There is very animalistic amber and musk notes in the base.
The perfume was created 2000 by Christian Provenzano.

26.07.09 I dared to test Agent Provocateur on my wrist, and I was pleasantly surprised. On blotter it was stinking like something undesrcibable, I had impression to smell unwashed body or sweat. During the second try the weather was humid and rainy. Maybe it influenced the rather good result: the scent was quiet and calm, a bit spicy. I thought the fragrance intimate (during the test on blotter is was screming like a siren), close to skin, and I even imagined a woman in sexy lingerie (of the same mark haha) wearing this perfume.

I was able to smell wood, the scent isn't sweet. I do not assiciate Agent Provocateur with sexiness, in my opinion it has light sexiness because of musk but not appealing, seductive. I guess this is a very capricious fragrance: it may develop in a very different way each time applied even by the same person. Of course on different type of skin the effect will be totally different. This is an advantage or disadvantage of musky perfumes. On some people's skin it may be perfect, on somebody's awful.

I don't agree with comments Agent Provocateur smells like an old lady. And I can't agree neither with the classification floral woody musk, I would call it chypra musk or simply chypra. In some notes it was similar to Perles de Lalique, but this last one is spicier. In general chypra fragrances don't like me and I don't like them.
I'm still surprised with this perfume, not that I want to buy it immediately but it's worth another try fore sure.
My definition will be given later.

Maîtresse (floral aldehyde)

Instead of the first fragrance Agent Provocateur I tried today (08.08.09) Maîtresse. All perfumes by Agent Provocateur have sexy aims, this one isn't exception. I think the name matches perfectly to the liquid in the bottle.





Maitresse is the newest fragrance of Agent Provocateur. This is an irresistible secret weapon, a sweet and sexy fragrance, which is not so emphatic and shameless as the first AP scent, but seductive as well.
The composition is based on aldehydes. The passionate opening of White Lotus Petals and delicate nuances of white Ylang Ylang and Violet leaves leads to the floral heart of Osmanthus, Jasmin and Rose. The final note is woodsy powdery with Iris, Amber, Patchouly and White Suede.
The egg-shaped (bomb-shaped) bottle is provocative as the pervious ones. The perfume was created by Azzi Glasser 2006. Agent Provocateur Maitresse was launched in 2006.

The poster is also ideal for this fragrance showing a real maîtresse every man has to obey to. I have a picture of woman in leather lingerie and a lash in her hand. One of her secret arms is a perfume.

I don't like aldehydes anywhere, so it's hard for me to imagine me wearing this fragrance. But people who do like them, sure will appreciate it. I must confess that this aldehyde base is very appropriate here, it gives the perfume the strenth and power. The flowers I can smell through aldehydes are not agressive at all (it would be too much if it was so haha). I would use it only in sex games :-))

My definition: sado-maso plays

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire