vendredi 17 juillet 2009

Hypnôse (Elixir) - Lancôme (oriental woody)

This is one of the most popular fragrances by Lancôme of last years. The comments about it are very contradictory: some girls admire it (I think these are the girls who prefer as simpliest and sweetest perfumes as possible or maybe who are attracted by ad or didn't try anything better) or others who prefer more complicated scents hate it. My opinion is moderate: sure it's not a masterpiece but I don't approve people who consider Hypnôse a shame for Lancôme. I saw Hypnôse ad in a Canadian magazine when I was unable to distinguish smells. And it was one of the first fragrances I tried after having been operated. My first reaction was: "How awful it is! So heavy and sweet". But in a year I decided to come back and smell it again coz my preferences changed a lot (I could never imagine I would wear Euphoria or Crystal noir with such a big pleasure. This kind of perfume always seemed too heavy for me). Now there are 4 available versions of Hypnôse (actually there are 5 now - Hypnôse senses has just been released).

I started by classic version that appeared in 2005 - Eau de parfum



Hypnose by Lancôme is sunny, woodsy, oriental fragrance with gourmand nuances. The fragrance features passion flower which creates both gentle and passionate feminine aura; a magical product of orchid – vanilla – which semlls a warm and creamy on skin; a vetiver surrounded with white flowers and jasmine Sambac gives sensual and deep sensation.

The beautiful bottle is designed in a form of woman’s silhouette, and the color of the perfume hypnotizes just like tender blue woman’s eyes.

Hypnose was launched in 2005. The noses behind this fragrance are Annick Menardo and Thierry Wasser.


I didn't like at all: first hours it smelled exactly like a chewing-gum. Generally I like sweet scents but Hypnôse is too sweet, too overpowering. Maybe it depends on body chemistry but it was unbearable for me to smell this chewing gum on my skin. But I have to make a compliment to this fragrance - this is one of the most long lasting fragrances that I have ever known. I could smell it even the mext morning. And I must say this scent was much more pleasant for me. So, Hypnôse smells like a chewing gum or lollipop (I couldn't even breathe in my car, I opened all windows to get more air), of course it's because of a huge quantity of vanilla. There are other components there but vanilla dominates them all. Then after 4-5 hours the scents changes to more powdery base - this phase is the best in my opinion. The scent is really synthetic, monotone and a bit boring.

Then I tried Eau de toilette version.
It's less sweet that EDP, more floral but sounds too quiet, almost silent. I could fell it only taking the wrist very close to my nose.

The third version I tried was Eau légère



It differs of EDP and EDT by citrus top notes. I don't mind about these notes but on my skin this combination of citrus + vanilla resulted into something medical, like a mixture.

I can't undestand why I was so persistent with the fragrance I didn't fall in love with (maybe because of the cute bottle? or have I fallen under the influence of this ad? haha or was I hypnotized?) but I wanted to test its 4th version - Elixir. It's very hard to find in the shops. One very competent girl described me this scent - it's sweeter than classic Hypnôse but less synthetic and not so alluring. When I managed to find its tester I completely agreed with this description. It's possible to smell the common base with classic Hypnôse although it's covered by other ingridients. One day I sprayed all Hypnôse versions and wanted to buy Elixir. I did it 17.06.2009. I can clearly smell patisserie and cookie there. I don't agree with the slogan Elixir Envoûtant and hardly beleive in its seduction power. For me it's a sweet scent, lovely, comfortable, warm but not sensual or exciting. I was very surprised to get a compliment of my cowoker, he found it erotic. Maybe it's another proof of distinction between men and women?











This ad is among my favourite, I like the music. Every time I spray Hypnôse Elixir I sing Saw you one day.. I saw you Sunday, maybe Saturday..." :-)) I associate it with a deep blue colour like the dress Daria Werbowy is wearing in the vid matching to the colour of the bottle (isn't it cute? I like its form). I usually wear it with dark colours (mostly dresses) but I can wear it with jeans and elegant top (and shoes with heels). It's supposed to be a winter fragrance. I haven't tried it in winter yet, but it's suitable for summer too (of course reasonnable application is incontestable).

My definition: deep sweetness or blue delight

1 commentaire:

  1. I love seeing websites that understand the value of providing a quality resource for free.

    RépondreSupprimer