mardi 28 juillet 2009

Juliette has a gun

Lady Vengeance (chypre floral)

The fragrances by Nina Ricci's great-grandson Romano Ricci appeared in the end of 2008 in major stores and according to their statictics became very popular. I always have doubts about the unknown trademarks and hesitated to try them. I knew that these fragrances were created by the perfumer I respect a lot - Francis Kurkdjian. I admire his fragrances for Narciso Roriguez and Jean Paul Gaultier. Yesterday I finally tried two perfumes 28.07.09 and they produced a very good impression to me. I liked!





As said in ads, in this collection 'Rock meets romance'. The collection is inspired by modernized version of Shakespeare. The creator of Miss Charming and Lady Vengeance is Romano Ricci of A&R Parfums, the great grandson of legendary couture designer Nina Ricci. For this enterprise he engaged a renowned perfumer Francis Kurkdjian.

The fragrance features Italian rose, vanilla and patchouli. It is captured in a bottle designed by Sylvie de France. It was created in 2006.

Lady Vengeance is a seductuve and agressive fragrance. The rose is very sharp in combination with patchouli. It suggests a picture of lady-vamp or femme fatale - a woman who is hunting men. She is rapacious with sharp long nails and red lipstick.
I don't know if I buy it some day, it's too agresseve on my skin. And then it becomes powdery and soapy reminding to some people Agent Provocateur or Narciso Rodriguez - For her. I don't see anything in common with For her, with Agent Provocateur - neither. The strange thing is that yesterday I had Boudoir on one wrist and Lady Vengeance on another, and in the end they were similar.
The fragrance is worth attention, with its own carachter.

My definition: rapacious agressivity

Miss Charming (floral fruity)

I tried it only to compare with Lady Vengeance which seemed to correspond better to my style. It is a miracle because I liked Miss Charming even more.



As said in ads, in this collection 'Rock meets romance'. The collection is inspired by modernized version of Shakespeare. The creator of Miss Charming and Lady Vengeance is Romano Ricci of A&R Parfums, the great grandson of legendary couture designer Nina Ricci. For this enterprise he engaged a renowned perfumer Francis Kurkdjian.

Miss Charming brings notes of Moroccan rose, strawberry and litchi. The bottle was designed by Sylvie de France. The fragrance was created in 2006.

The rose in this fragrance is very different from Lady Vengeance's one. Here it's beautiful, not very tender, but not agressive. The strawberry is also good. I associate the scent with white colour and have a picture of romantic but very clever and wise woman who enjoies playing with men. She uses her naivety and infantility to seduce and attract. It's a kind of wolf in sheep's clothing.
I want to have a small bottle of it. I bought 9 ml of it 30.07.09.

My definition: naive seduction

Citizen Queen (floral woody musk, chypre)

Since I liked two previous fragrances by Juliette has a gun, I was very impatiend to test this one too. I did it 30.07.09 while I was waiting a girl who sold me 9 ml of Miss Charming.



The third fragrance of the collection is introduced in April 2008. It is composed as chypre aldehyde with animalic dose. The design continues the modern romantic saga on Shakespeare’s rebel, and the bottle is colored milky-white and with silver top. The motif of roses is unavoidable decoration on the bottle. This time the outer box is black with black bow on the top.

I liked this one less than two others. First of all because of something metallic that I could smell. I guess these are aldehydes. The rose is beautiful but this acidic or metallic notes worsens all composition in my opinion. Like the creator wanted to introduce a smell of real gun in the fragrance in order this Juliette will
be armed.

Then Citizen Queen softens and animalic (musky?) notes appear, they are calm and quiet. I can also smell amber that mkes the fragrance warm. But metallic notes don't go away. It's a pitty...


My definition: metallic musk

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire