dimanche 19 juillet 2009

Guerlain


Shalimar (EDP, oriental floral)

I came to this classic fragrance having tried the major part of others fragrances by Guerlain. I was attracted by its history of cretiation based on a beautiful love story. I would call Shalimar - Chanel N 5 by Guerlain I also read about 50 pages of discussions. As it often happens with classiv fragrances, one people admire calling them a masterpiece whose ginuality was prooved by time, and others consider the fragrance lost its actuality and isn't appropriate for daily life nowadays. I was very impatient to for my own opinion. I watched so many times the video advertising with one of the most beautiful models in my opinion - Natalia Vodianova, trying to guess what kind of smell it would be. I tested it 26.06.09. It's almost impossible to find Shalimar in my city but I managed to do it even twice. I was going to do barbecue in nature and on the way ran to the shopping center. The fact it is a classic scent suggested me an idea it wouldn't be easy to love it at first smell. And sure I read the comments that during 30 first minutes it smells too heavy and really awful because of bergamote. I found the scent lovely from the beginning!










I love this video, Natalia's beauty and especially the song Initials BB by Serge Gainsbourg.
Fabulous!
Shalimar was created by Jacques Guerlain in 1925, as a tribute to the legendary love story between Emperor SHAHJAHAN and his wife Mumtaz Mahal. Before he became emperor his name was Prince Khurram. According to the legend, twenty- year-old Prince Khurram met a young girl, named Arjumand Banu at the bazaar where her family worked. Mesmerized by her beauty, after becoming emperor, he made her his wife as Mumtaz Mahal, meaning the "Jewel of the Palace". After the wedding ,the prince and Mumtaz were inseparable, in war and in peace. She had given 13 children to Shahjahan and died during the birth of their 14th child at the age of 39. Her death devastated Shah Jahan and had built Taj Mahal in memory of his wife and their undying love. Shalimar is named after ‘The Gardens of Shalimar’.It was Mumtaz’s favorite garden. Shalimar is one of the best selling perfumes ever and its magic is undeniable. Perfume is composed of citrus notes; lemon and bergamot, jasmine, may rose, opoponax, Tonka bean, vanilla, iris, Peru balsam and gray amber. Coolness of the citrus notes leads to floral heart ending with a warm and luxurious trail. Here you can watch an advertising video for Shalimar by Guerlain. Shalimar Black Limited Christmas Edition was introduced in 2007 as limited Christmas edition bottle of this classic fragrance. The perfume composition remains the same, available in parfum and eau de parfum concentrations, in a mysterious, black bottle. More about this edition read in the news section.

sure first of all I smell bergamote notes but they are not annoying for me at all. I admired the combination of citrus and vanilla although the perfume didn't seem sweet to me, it was very well balanced, harmonious. Very qualitative, soft oriental scent. I have been wondering it all day on the beach and was delighted with Guerlain's genius in creating a scent that didn't lose its actuality till nowadays. The pleasure lasted untill on way back home I decided to try it again. This time the scent was completely different like something religious (my husband said it smelled like in a church) or a joss stick. All my relatives (except my grandma) hated Shalimar calling it too retro with ancient notes suitable for an old lady.

I didn't want to agree trying to do my best to like the fragrance but I didn't manage. To be completely sure, I made one more test - it gave the same result. In my skin it's an insence stick and I guess only people addicted to fragrances can appreciate it, others will say I stink. Sure it's a masterpice but I'm unable to wear it now.


My definition: oriental joss stick


L'Instant de Guerlain (oriental floral)

This is one of the best Guerlain's modern fragrances, even maybe the best one. When I tried it first time in 2008, it didn't impress me, it seemed to powdery to me. Only in June 2009 I could appreciate its beauty and complexity. The first thing I wanna say - summer isn't good for testing or using it, this fragrance will be absolutely gorgeous in winter.





The new Guerlain perfume (2003) for the first time contains magnolia. This delicate and complicated perfume is in harmony with the citrus honey note, which can be scented from the top all the way to the bottom notes. This is a innovative perfume composition built like a 'double olfactory pyramid'. The perfume opens with fresh citrus notes – mandarin and bergamot as one fragrant composition, while the other one gives out the shine of white flowers – magnolia, ylang-ylang, and sambac jasmine. The sensuality comes later with vanilla, benzoin, and musk, which leave magical intimate trace. Eau de Toilette has a limited version of the fragrance with iris in the centre – L’Instant Eau de Noël Iris Millésime, while the regular one has an apple-sweets nuance.

The nose behind this fragrance is Maurice Roucel.

It's mostly automn fragrance for because it creates melancholic, a bit sad mood. The scent is dusty, and I can crearly smell bergamot, ylang-ylang and jasmine. L'Instant doesn't sound very loud, it's a soft, feminine, elegant scent. In 1-2 the whole becomes brighter and I can distinguish all components. And then the smell becomes powdery. It's very-very nice and sophisticated!

Usually I prefer sweeter fragrances but I'm thinking to buy l'Instant to wear in winter alhough I haven't fallen in love with it. In some notes it's similar to Lalique - Le parfum but the last is bitterer. Very long lasting.

Wearing it I feel a violet clowd to wrap me. Very intruiguing and complex scent.

My definition: violet clowd




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire