mardi 28 juillet 2009

Boudoir - Vivienne Westwood (chypre floral)

I was attracted by this fragrance since I saw its name. It seemed very intriguing, promising, appealing... Boudoir like a woman's secret place...The comments about this fragrance are very contradictory: from admiration to deepest hate. It's impossible to find it in a store, even in internet-shop. I saw one in internet-shop in Kiev so I decided to take a risk and buy it without test. The risk was big because they had only a bottle of 75 ml. I got it today - 28.07.09.







Boudoir


Boudoir, a chypre-floral fragrance for women, is present since 1998. It is dedicated to a feminine and strong woman, with accentuated sexuality. Just like a boudoir, the fragrance defines a private and intimate space, charming and seductive, while touching the woman's skin, neck and decollete.

It was designed by Martin Gras with an intention to create a fragrance that will make all men turn their heads after the woman that wears it when the smell wafts past them. The top notes are aldehydes, sweetly-fresh bergamot, hyacinth, and orange blossom.

The heart is sweet and opulent with jasmine, luscious rose, narcissus, carnation, orris root, cardamom and coriander. The base brings patchouli, warm and milky sandal wood, tobacco leaves, cinnamon and powdery soft vanilla.

The bottle was designed by Fabrice Legros. The top is made as a globe encircled by a ring, which symbolize the power of femininity.

This is a very strange, rich and unusual fragrance as I could constant after applying it on my wrist (I decided to examine it first on my hand). We can see from the description Boudoir contains a lot of components. At first sniff the composition seemed lovely but a little bit heavy and strange to me: I was able to distinguish languishing, seductive sweet flowers, spice combined with a very uncommon base. Sure maybe the base was common and the whole gave me such impression.

I couldn't take the wrist away from my nose trying to understand wether I like it or not... I thought this heavy base was chypra and found something common with Agent provocateur. Then I realized it wasn't chypra but aldehydes and now I found similarities with Chanel N 5. In this phase these notes produce an effect of so called "dusty curtains" or "grandma's trunk". Some people claim to smell unwashed body. Thanks to God, I didn't manage.

The combination was lovely but this base disturbed me and didn't permit to enjoy the whole. Finally the aldehydes went away in 1'5-2 hours and Boudoir transformed into the greatest pleasure for me!! Absolutely fabulous! Erotic, sexy, bestial (sure all these adjectives can be used to describe it from the beginning but I had desire to say them only when these disturbing notes desappeared). The fragrance became not so loud, very intimate. I'm not original: I see a woman in sexy lingerie waiting for her man lying on silk sheets. I like the sweetness and the warmth of the scent - it seems to burn you in a good way. Maybe sex as a process smells like this. I'm very satisfied with this purchase!

My definition: bestial passion

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire