vendredi 24 juillet 2009

Gucci

This is one of my favourite brands whose fragrances are feminine, soft, elegant, sometimes coquettish. The company has a lack of fantasy, giving unoriginal names to its fragrances :-)

Gucci Eau de parfum (oriental spicy)

Since I tested yesterday the second version of Eau de parfum, it was logical to think it existed the first one. I read a lot of contradictory comments about it. The disadvantage is that this perfume is seldom exposed in our shops. But I found it easy in Brocard of Kryvoi Rog (25.07.09).

I'm not afrraid to call Gucci Eau de parfum a unique scent. It's uncommon and I think it's impossible to find something similar.





Gucci Eau de Parfum by Gucci is a oriental spicy fragrance for women. Gucci Eau de Parfum was launched in 2002. The nose behind this fragrance is Daniela Roche-Andrier. Top notes are orange blossom and heliotrope; middle notes are caraway, iris, caraway and thyme; base notes are incense, leather, sandalwood, musk, vanilla and cedar essence.

I associate Gucci Eau de parfum with October. In my mind I have the picture of sun shining through branches of trees. Yellow leaves cover the ground. This is rather sweet scent but not like lollipop or chewing gum. I smell a light tobacco gauze and alcohol drink like whiskey or cognac. In 4-5 hours I can smell chocolate. I can't say definitely wether I like it or not. I guess people's reaction will be rather negative. There is some note that disturbes me - in some comments people call it naphthalene (I haven't smelled it before so I can't agree or desagree). Its lasting power is incredible. The next morning I repeated my test and understood what's wrong - I have impression to smell this perfume on somebody else and not me, it's a little bit distant from my skin, like it was out-of-body.The fragrance is transparent.
In general I like it more than dislike. I will repeat my test and maybe buy it. This is the perfume of an expensive woman.

My definition: October day


Gucci Eau de parfum II (floral fruity)

I have just tested it today (24.07.09) and this was a good surprise for me. I haven't heard or read about this fragrance before. I just saw it in a shop and decided to try.





After the success of the first Gucci Eau de Parfum, it has got a companion, a little pink sister, fruity-floral Eau de Parfum II with recognizable and modern blackberry nuance in floral ambience. The fragrance is luminous, and light, casual and flirty, with a lingering trace. Its simplicity and precious components make it very modern and attractive to youn women.

In top notes you will find a tart freshness of orange, black currant, and mandarin. The young and elegant heart unites violet, blackberry, and fresh jasmine. The base notes are heliotrope, musk and cedar. The perfume was created by Antoine Maisondieu in 2004.


This is a very tender, delicate, light daytime perfume. I wouldn't mind about having it in my collection. I would wear it to my work, office where something stronger is not desirable. This fragrance will not disturb other people and if it suits you well, will get their compliments. I can mostly smell currant and and blackberry on a very plesant musky-woody base that reminds me ice. The scent is a bit acidic that makes it a kind of refreshing.

My definition: iced berries.

Gucci by Gucci (chypre floral)
I hated this fragrance after the first test in automn 2008 but 25.07. 09 I tried it again and my reaction wasn't negative anymore. I found it elegant and decadent.











Perfume water named simply Gucci by Gucci is planned to be the main fragrance for women by this company. The perfume was announced as a floral chypre, with a fruity opening of exotic guava, beautiful Haitian Tiare flower in the heart, and patchouli, musk and honey in the base. Advertisement was directed by David Lynch, and as music background of the video the legendary hit of the band Blondie "Heart of Glass" was used. Gucci is a new fragrance and it was introduced in 2007. The nose behind this fragrance is Ilias Ermenidis.

The main notes I smell are fruits (pear) and tobacco. On me it's a bit similar to Elle by YSL, but Gucci's perfume is more gotic and dark.
The dress the women in the ad are wearing are perfect for this fragrance. I associate Gucci by Gucci with beige, brown, golden colours. The scent is mostly for evening wear. After 5 hours it became very close to Crystal noir by Versace on my skin. As for the mood it's a bit obscure and lonely.

My definition: fruity-tobacco decadence

Rush (chypre fruity)

It's hard to beleie but I tried it for the first time yesterday (25.07.09). I know it was a very popular, even cult scent in the beginning of 2000. To be sincere I couldn't appreciate it. More than that - this is the compilation of all cheapest scents for me.



This is Gucci's second fragrance for women. Gucci Rush is very attractive and recognizable fragrance, impulsive and irresistible, just like the love at first sight. The name of the fragrance 'Rush' reminds of simulative drug, very widespread in America during 1980's. The intensive red bottle has a shape of video tape, a very unusual and modern design. The fragrance is composed like a luscious exotic flowers cocktail: Californian gardenia, South African freesia, jasmine and Turkish rose. Corriander, vanilla and patchouli emphasize the oriental character and uniqueness of this fragrance.

The top notes are gardenia and freesia; the heart is created of jasmine, Turkish rose and coriander, the drydown unites vanilla, patchouli and vetiver. The fragrance has a lingering trace that follows the woman and surrounds her from all sides. The perfume was created by Michel Almairac in 1999.

After having tried Rush I remember I smelled it 100 times before on different people of different age and appearance. The composition is very complexe, it contains lots of ingredients. and of course Rush has its carachter. It's a strong floral fragrance. It's supposed to be sexy and appealing. I have the opposite reaction and don't even want to try it again. It's among my less faourite fragrances.

My definition: nauseous cheapness

Envy (floral green)


Having Envy me I have been always curious to try the first version. I did it 10.07.09 and had a very good impression. The reason why I will not buy it is because the drydown is identical to Envy me. But in general two fragrances are different.







Gucci Envy appeared on the perfume- scene in 1997 and became one of the most interesting products launched by the house of Gucci. Envy could be compared to a breeze that brings spring into the city. Its architecture is modern; it denies gaudiness, accentuating minimalism. The composition starts with green notes with a cool metal note that freezes the senses. Gradually the scent warms up due to woody notes and musk. This metal accord surrounded by a floral bouquet became very popular during the 90’s. The notes are Hyacinthus, lily of the valley, rose, jasmine, green notes, magnolia, iris, woods and musk. The nose behind this fragrance is Maurice Roucel.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire