dimanche 19 juillet 2009

Armani

Diamonds (EDP, oriental floral)

I tried this perfume on the blotter in automn 2008 and was delighted with it. After I repeated my tests several times on my wrist and every time I had the same effect: I like very much first sweet notes but then I get a headache. I can't explain why... The scent doesn't seem heavy to me, I have much stronger in my collection.








This perfume was created by Thierry Wasser of Firmenich and the fragrance is classified as gourmand-floral. The top notes are litchi and raspberry, the middle notes – freesia and lily of the valley, and the base are vetiver, cedar wood, patchouli and vanilla. The Emporio Armani PR team says: ' We're using the rose but in a very gourmand way, like a flower that can be eaten'. The perfume will come in 30ml, 50ml and 100ml bottles.

The face and voice of the perfume is singer and actress Beyonce Knowles, to which this is not the first appearance in ads. Before this, she appeared in Pepsi (with Britney Spears, Pink and Enrique Iglesias in one, and J.Lo and David Beckham in another), L’Oreal, and Tommy Hilfiger's perfumes True Star and True Star Gold ads.

The video and ad are in black and white and Beyonce, together with the bend, sings (and dances, of course) the famous Diamonds are a Girl’s Best Friend, which before her sang Marilyn Monroe in "Gentlemen Prefer Blonds" . Emporio Armani Diamonds is a new fragrance and it was introduced in 2007.

I can smell raspberry and litchi first and the scent is very sweet reminding a bubble gum. Besides I clearly smell something metallic. Mybe diamonds smell like this haha Nevertheless I rather like Diamonds during first hour. Than something that I can't explain happens - the smell turns into somethins too heavy for me that causes my headche. It's girly fragrance in my opinion or suitable for a gift to woman who doesn't have severe preferences in perfume. I can hardly imagine me wearing it because this is the one fragrance that gives me such an awful effect. Maybe the creators wanted to reproduce precious stones scent in this fragrance that resulted into something metallic.

My definition: metallic raspberry

Armani Code EDP (floral)

Today(23.08.09) it wasn't my first test of this fragrance but all times I had tested it before, I couldn't remember it clrearly. So it was necessary to repeat my test.







Armani Code was introduced to women in the spring of 2006. It is based on harmony between orange blossom, fresh spicy notes of ginger and warm sandalwood. A luminous opening captures the essence of two different oranges - bitter orange from Africa and sweet Italian orange. In the heart of the composition Tunisian orange blossom absolute makes a magical floral fantasy in alliance with jasmine Sambac. Its sensual trail brings a sweet unity of orange blossom, vanilla and a drop of honey.

The noses behind this fragrance are Carlos Benaim, Dominique Ropion and Olivier Polge.

As for me, Armani Code isn't bad but not excellent neither. I desagree with people who say that only people of bad taste can like it, but it's not a masterpiece.

I can't explain why I smell there only grape which isn't present among components. I guess orange in the whole combination produces such an effect to me.

It must be suitable for every woman of all ages and styles, it's its advantage and disadvantage at the same time. I consider it a disadvantage coz the fragrance doesn't have much character. Some people find it heavy to wear, if I decided one day to buy Armani Code, it wouldn't be among my heaviest scents. Maybe I'll give it to somebody as a gift one day. But if somebody offered it to me one day, I wouldn't mind and wouldn't get rid of the perfume.

Armani Code is too simple, like an artist without fantasy who tries to create something that everybody will like. I don't find it sensual, sexy etc., it's warm with fresh nuances, it doesn't offer any play on the skin, at least on mine. There is no secret to discover. Too linear.

My definition: no secret code, just grape


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire