vendredi 24 juillet 2009

Thierry Mugler

Angel (oriental vanilla)

Many people compare Euphoria to Angel, since I adore the first one, I became interested in Angel too. I did several tests and I want to buy it. If it wasn't so expensive, I would have already had Angel .







Angel by Thierry Mugler is a oriental vanilla fragrance for women. Angel was launched in 1992. The noses behind this fragrance are Olivier Cresp and Yves de Chirin. Top notes are melon, coconut, mandarin orange, cassia, jasmine, bergamot and cotton candy; middle notes are honey, apricot, blackberry, plum, orchid, peach, jasmine, lily-of-the-valley, red berries and rose; base notes are tonka bean, amber and vanilla, patchouli, musk, vanilla, dark chocolate and caramel.

Angel is one of the classic sweet (oriental vanilla) fragrances. I have read so many times about its unbearable sweetness and complexity. Luca Turin considers this fragrance a masterpiece and gives it 5 stars.

My tests made me doubt - was the Angel I tried exactly that Angel I had read about? Because on my skin it's not sweet at all! One of descriptions says Angel is a refreshing oriental scent. This is exactly what I get! The fragrance is very long lasting and during all time it passes differents etaps. Should be applied with moderation - one spritz is enough, two spritzes can kill you or people around.

The dominating note for me is something herbal or even menthol (maybe it's because of bergamote and flowers combination). It doesn't permit the fragrance to be too sweet. I was surprised it contains caramel and chocolate because on my skin I can't feel them.
I can also smell patchouli, amber, vanilla.

The first time I was very surprised by the change - in 4-5 hours after application Angel transforms exactly to Euphoria (of course, it's logical to say that this is Euhoria that transforms in Angel). I don't consider Euphoria sweet neither. The sweetness appears in Angel only after 12-15 hours. Last time I tried it yesterday (26.07.09) and the next morning I'm still able to smell its trails, these trails are chocolate.

Angel is an incredible fragrance because it behaves on every woman in a diferent way: there are people who can't stand it because of sweetness and heaviness, others can feel only honey. On my skin it gives a strange combination but I love it. I would like to have it in my collection and sure I will have it one day. The bottle in the shape of star is cute. I hate the model Naomi Watts doing the ad of Angel.

Everybody says Angel is supposed to be for evenings and winter. I can easily imagine me wearing it in summer days (sure making only one spritz!). The fragrance is elegant, feminine, I would wear it with dresses and costumes. It's sophisticated and alluring, transparent and jingly.

My definition: blue tenderness

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire