dimanche 19 juillet 2009

Yves Saint-Laurent

Elle (floral woody musk)

Generally I like this class of scents - floral woody musk especially For Her by Narciso Rodriguez. But Elle desappointed me so much that even when it was on promotion and the price was ridiculous I didn't want to buy it. Many women find this fragrance caprivating and sexy, I must desagree.







Another novelty from Yves Saint Laurent arrives this fall, hoping to win the hearts of young and modern girls. Tender and distinguished fragrance Elle, designed by two renowned noses, Olivier Criesp and Jacques Cavallier, Olivier Cresp, brings joy with luminous crisp notes of lemon and litchi on the peony petal.

The heart unites Jasmine Sambac, rose and freesia, with youthful accords of pink berries, while the base caresses with woodsy notes of vetiver, patchouli, and cedar.

The face of the fragrance is young and extravagant 18-year old Coco Rocha. The advertising campaign as well the bottle design can tell a lot about the perfume: we are to expect young, but pretentious fragrance within the frame of the 'modern classic'.

Elle is a new fragrance and it was introduced in 2007.

I like the ad and Coco Rocha's image matches perfectly to perfume's conception: young urban woman. This woman is not soft, she is a bit agressive, ambitious, knows perfectly what she wants. I can't stand this fragrance because all I smell are cheap cigarettes. Not expensive cigars like in glamorous Cinema. I guess it's because of patchouli and cedar. I like flowers and berries in it, but these cigarettes are horrible on my skin. After having tried it for 4 times, I abandonned it. I met women wearing this fragrance and it suited them well. It's not my fragrance. that's all. The fragrance is long lasting. I don't smoke and don't want people to think I do it.

My definition: cheap cigarettes

Opium (EDT, oriental spicy)

This is a special perfume for me because my grandmother used to wear it and I remember it since my childhood.
I decided to refresh my memories 16.07.09. There are 3 concentrations: Parfum, Eau de parfum, Eau de toilette. I tried the last one.








Opium by Yves Saint Laurent is a oriental spicy fragrance for women. Opium was launched in 1977. The noses behind this fragrance are Jean Amic and Jean-Louis Sieuzac. Top notes are coriander, plum, citruses, mandarin orange, pepper, jasmine, cloves, west indian bay and bergamot; middle notes are carnation, sandalwood, patchouli, cinnamon, orris root, peach, lily-of-the-valley and rose; base notes are labdanum, tolu balsam, sandalwood, amber, opoponax, musk, coconut, vanilla, benzoin, vetiver, incense, cedar and myrrh.

Posting this desciption I was so surprised to know Opium contains so many components!

I will be fair to call Opium a masterpiece that gave inspiration for a whole branch of fragrances released in 80-s. It's really oriental and really spicy. These are two best words for describing Opium. I can smell mainly coriander, pepper, sandalwood. It's a warm dry scent, smells strong. Should be applied with moderation. Some people may have headache of it, thanks to God I'm not among them. It's a rich scent that I associate with burgungy colour and heavy curtains.
I can imagine me wearing it in 15-20 years. The name matches so good to the fragrance: it's really an intoxicating opium, in good sense.

My definition: burgundy spicy depth

Young, sexy, lovely (floral fuity)

Thinking all other fragrances by Yves Saint-Laurent were too mature (how wrong I was!) I paid attention to this one and quiet liked it planning to buy this perfume in Duty Free during my next trip. Unfortunatelly I didn't travel since that time but it's good because I avoided this bad purchase.



YSL, or Young Sexy Lovely is classified as a delicate, fresh, feminine, flowery fragrance for young women. Top notes include a juicy, ripe pear, Italian mandarin and blackcurrant. Its delicate floral heart is composed of cherry blossom magnolia and peach.Base notes are crystalline musk, amber and cedarwood. This perfume was launched in 2007.

I'm glad I haven't bought it first of all because of its lasting power that is almost absent. I made about 5-6 tests and usually it used to go away in 15-20 minutes. Any other fragrance wasn't so impolite with me like YSL (I like this play on words. I guess many young girls the fragrance is aimed to will like it too). The scent is delicate, soft, fruity, light. I can smell pear and even melon although it doesn't appear among its components. My principal claim is it doesn't last at all, the second - too quiet.

I figure a young girl (teen-ager) wearing YSL, but sure it's not my fragrance at all.

My definition: quickly desappearing fruits

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire