samedi 18 juillet 2009

Poême - Lancôme (floral)

In my life I tried very few fragrances by Lancôme. In our shops the choice is standard and too limited: Hypnôse, Magnifique, Miracle and sometimes Trésor. First time I saw Poême reading indignations about Hypnôse - How coud Lancôme that offered Poême to the world produce this awful stinky thing? Unfortunately it's impossible to test Poême in the perfume shop. So when the woman who proposed me Lalique - Le parfum offered 5 ml of Poême, I accepted with pleasure. It was my biggest desappointment... It's too heavy for me and gives me a headache even when I smell it from its bottle (And the fragrances I'm used to wear are not light at all)...











I got this fragrance at the same time as Lalique's parfum. As I had already tried Lalique before, I made 2 spritzes of Poême. I did it in the car and all way I couldn't breathe and finally I got a dizziness because of its sweetness and intensity. I even put my head out of the window to get more air. Sure the first mistake was to make 2 sprirzes. One is absolutely enough. Peope wrote in the comments it was a deep, saturated, very intense floral scent more suitable for mature women. Usually I don't agree with such appreciations - fragrances don't have age (I can wear Chanel N 5 with pleasure), but here I have to agree. I don't want to say anything bad about Poême, it's original (it's impossible to confuse it with another scent I guess), well done, qualitative perfume. It's only my personal impression and physical intolerance (but I read such reactions of different people before)... I don't like Juliette Binoche as the face of this fragrance...

Classic floral oriental fragrance launched in 1995. The structure of Poême is original, does not follow classic structure of top, middle and base notes. The notes of the composition are appearing alternately, like echo. The composition features intoxicating Himalayan blue poppy, white and yellow flowers (mimosa, rose, freesia...) and vanilla flower. Poême is a poem in the world of perfumes; the contrasts of bitter and sweet create a special sensual aura. The bottle with this miraculous bitter honey is a synthesis of the contrasts – attractive curves and straight lines.

The nose behind this fragrance is Jacques Cavallier.

Posting this description I read the first time about the Poême's complexity. I can smell only honey, like I was swimming in it :-) and some flowers. Because of honey sweetness I can't identify them. My husband didn't like it neither and asked not to use it in his presence. In 4-5 hours Poême lost its intensity and became quiet tolerable for me. This fragrance seems to come from childhood.

I found another solution: I will spray it on my hair (the scent is fabulous and not too saturated as on the skin) or under my knees (I have never tried to spray like this haha but it's recommended especially when the fragrance is too heavy). Of course I would never buy a full-size bottle.

My definition: honey intolerability

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire